Thursday, September 17, 2009

Not Dead Yet



This picture really makes me think. Is chivalry really dead? Are men really not going out of their way to be kind to women? And if so, why has this happened?
As far as I can tell chivalry is not dead. For the most part, men still do open doors for women, allow them to go before them in a line, and on a rare occasions walk on the street-side of the sidewalk (although this might just be a coincidence).
I think the biggest thing that killed chivalry was the women’s lib movement. All of the sudden women decided that they were the same as men, there should be no differences between men and women. Although I do think that all people should be paid the same salary for the same job, regardless of gender or race, this does not mean that it should translate into all aspects of life.
WOMEN ARE DIFFERENT FROM MEN!!!
I don’t know if you have noticed, but it is pretty hard not to. Besides just the physical differences, there are differences emotionally, psychologically, and personality-wise.


I don’t have a solution to this situation and really don’t have an opinion as to if men should or should not be chivalrous. But to my male readers: women do notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment